Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bursting with New Items!

Sorry for the delay in getting a new blog entry out! We have been sooooo busy this week! Maybe the cool weather is reminding everyone that it is almost back to school time. We have been selling so many items of fall clothing, coats, and even



Halloween Costumes!



But we have also been buying like crazy. I guess everyone is clearing out before buying for the new season, so we are always getting in new clothing and costumes. And we have plenty of other new items as well. Here are just a small sampling:






*Leap Frog Learning Desk


*Little Tikes Children's Desk


*BebePod Plus Baby Seat


*Bumbo Seat


*Infantino Shop & Play Shopping Cart Cover





*Fisher Price Intellitainer Exersaucer


*Little Tikes Coupe Car





*Playhut Basketball Hoop


*Megablocks Wagon


*Littlest Pet Shop Get Well Center


*Arms Reach Mini Co-Sleeper


*Beanstalk Backpack Carrier


*Fisher Price Soothing Motions Glider












2 comments:

  1. I have been shopping at Grow with me since the day they opened. I felt it was great to have funds being put into something as important as Autisism. My child who is going to be 13yrs was also diagosed with Austism. I have shopped at the store ever since that time.
    There was one day though that I was very disappointed. I went in to get some things for my child and the helper that day (neither ower) was less the greeting. This has been a few months and I have never been back to the store, because I just don't want to experience what I had the last time I was there.
    I do release that it is diffcult to obtain a job, but when working with the public, it is very important to know how!
    This is just a situation I need to overover come.

    Thanks for listening.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry about your experience at Grow With Me. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. We do try to ensure that all our employees are trained to always be polite and helpful to our patrons. If you, or anyone else, has an incident such as this at Grow With Me, we hope you will report it to the owners so that we can quickly resolve the problem. And we hope that you will reconsider and give us another try!
    Sincerely, Marni Hochman & Elyssa Mount

    ReplyDelete